Saturday, July 5, 2008

The 4th of July!

We had a lot of fun on the 4th. We were all dressed red, white, and blue and we went out to breakfast. The girls ate and ate and we ate and ate.

Why is it always eaiser for Dad to pose with the kids than Mom? I always just end up looking like a dork.


I just love these two cuties!


After our breakfast we spent the afternoon swimming. I have started to think that I have two little fish instead of two little girls. They love the pool! Thank heavens for that.



After swimming we had a very fun little picnic with our friends. We found a park that was not packed with people and had fun eating, playing with the ducks, and playing frisbee. At one point the ducks were certain we were going to share our picnic and came right up to our blanket and started chopping at the edge of the blanket. It scared the kids to death and we shewed them away quickly. After our picnic we went home and did some simple fireworks of our own. The kids loved it and at one point Bella leaned to me and said, "we are very much enjoying this day." We sure did enjoy our day! We love living in America and are glad there is a day to celebrate it.

8 comments:

Nicole Brown said...

Thank goodness you have a blog or I would have no idea what you are up to. I feel like I have not seen you in forever. Very cute pictures and very, very cute birthday party. Very creative!

Ben and Lori said...

Gracie has so many teeth, I don't think I've seen her toothy smile, she's getting so big. They both are, I'm excited to see you guys in a week.

Callie said...

I'm glad you guys had a fun day too. Our was pretty casual, but overall went well.

Van Duren Family said...

Thanks for sharing a great day with us! We definately enjoyed the "best show ever."

Jeri said...

What a beautiful day! I love the picture of you being crazy...trying to get the girls to be happy! So fun!

Karyn said...

You're not a dork! Just fun....:)

Amy Simms said...

Hey Mel! Cute pictures. I think pictures with mom are always harder because we actually want the kids to smile. Your little girls look like they had a blast swimming!

Deb said...

hey melanie -

i saw your comment on jeri's blog and traced you here. your girls are getting so big! it's amazing! glad you're enjoying the other coast.

have a good one -
deborah

Looking Back