Saturday, July 5, 2008

Dancing Queen

Isabella had a lot of fun at her dance recital. She was very cute on the stage. We had to practice a lot at home, let's just say she is something less than a natural at dancing. We worked hard on it and she ended up doing a great job. I was determined not to have my daughter be the one standing on stage looking like they had no clue what was going on and making everyone stare and laugh at them instead of seeing the cute girls dance. She did not disappoint me.
She had fun coming up with her own poses for pictures. She does much better at freestyle stuff than a choreographed number.
This is Bella saying, "Mom, I am so done taking pictures!" But in Bella fashion she says things with her face instead of her mouth.
Her very favorite part of the whole thing though was getting flowers at the end. She felt very special and would not accept any help holding them. We went out to eat after the recital and she asked if she could bring them in the restaurant. She really loved them.

3 comments:

Ben and Lori said...

That is so awesome. I love her dress. Did you video the dance, that would be fun to see.

Callie said...

That picture is hilarious! It's actually a face I've never seen her do before. She looked so cute, Mel, I wish we could have come.

Corinne said...

That dress slays me!! How darling :)

Looking Back