Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Magical Halloween



This year we had a ton of fun pretending like we were in Magical Disneyland for Halloween. The idea for Alice in Wonderland all started when we were in disneyland this last May and Bryan got himself a Madhatter hat. We had the hat and then I took on the task of making everything else....YIKES! It took about 6 solid weeks of sewing, a lot of late nights, a lot of crappy dinners, a lot of TV and movies for the kids, a lot of patience, and a lot of money.

We were so happy that we got to wear the costumes to 2 trunk or treats, a school Harvest Festival, and Bella got to wear hers to gymnastics class. We had so much fun decorating our trunk like a tea party and playing the Alice in Wonderland music in the background. The kids were going from car to car getting a little spooked by certain Halloween themes and then start smiling as they came to our car and heard the music and felt a little piece of Disney magic.

It was a lot of work but totally worth it. We love going all out for Halloween and we defintiely had a lot of fun this year.

3 comments:

Ben and Lori said...

Uh yeah, do I even have to say it? A M A Z I N G!!!!! Melanie I am in awe of you! You guys look so awesome!! Each one of you! I can't believe how awesome you can sew, that would be so difficult to do!

Oh and I heard that you called me crappy, I mean crafty. HA HA that was really funny!! My craft work doesn't even compare to "your Majesty's" sewing abilities. Seriously, WOW.

Amy Simms said...

WOW! YOU ARE SO TALENTED! You guys looks so great. Adi was just sitting on my lap watching your slide show and says you look beautiful in your pretty dress. I seriously can't believe you made all of your costumes. I am too lazy to even think of making a halloween costume. I bet your girls LOVE it!

Jeri said...

YOU ARE KIDDING ME?! I have to say this is the best family Halloween costume idea I have seen! You are magic with that sewing machine girl! MAGIC! I love it and so jealous right now!

You all look fabulous! I love your dress Melanie. Did you have to make the pattern, or did you find one? It is perfect!

Looking Back